On Saturday 18th November, the ‘Mothers for a Progressive Alliance’ is getting together for the first time. The group is being launched by Jane Chelliah, the blogger ‘ambitious mamas’ to push for issues that affect parents, particularly mothers, to be explored and adopted at a cross-party level. ‘Mothers for a Progressive Alliance’ will bring mothers together to discuss and campaign on current political issues, and make a case for a political discourse which represents their interests.
Join us on Saturday 18 November for a first meeting! We’ll be joined by a diverse group of speakers:
– Kirsten Bayes, Campaign Against the Arms Trade
– Christine El Issa, Activist against racism
– Claire Hobson, former head of trade of UK Trade and Investment France
– Dr Mark Boden, feminist and Marxist scholar
– Jane Chelliah, blogger at ‘ambitiousmamas’
Lunch will be provided and the venue is fully accessible.
The venue is very close to Waterloo station, and on several major bus routes.
The event is free to attend and open to everyone, it’s not only for mothers(!) – and children are very welcome.
Any questions: contact Jane Chelliah on email@example.com.
See you on Saturday!